Bonding is not insurance and insurance brokers generally do not possess the expertise and market relationships to deliver competitive bonding solutions and added value. We are bond brokers. Our firm was founded on the principle of providing contractors with the highest level of specialized bonding service and expertise that is not available in the general insurance brokerage community. And today, over 40 years later, this remains the cornerstone of our identity and value offering.
We deliver proven results in 3 critical areas:
1. Preferred bonding terms (including limits, rates and security).
2. Flawless bond document service.
3. Proactive bond program management.
To achieve this, we’ve developed an industry leading team of experienced and respected surety professionals who have dedicated their entire careers to construction bonding. Our bond team, many of whom are former senior level bond underwriters, ‘speak the language’ of the bonding companies and possess an expert understanding of the bond underwriting process. This, combined with our insider understanding of the construction business, allows us to deliver market leading results to any construction business in need of bonds.
Petrela Winter and the Navacord Group are a ‘top 3’ bond broker in Canada. We possess a large, quality book of construction bonding business distributed amongst all of the major bonding companies, allowing for strong, influential relationships with the underwriting decision makers, and providing good options for contractors to choose from.
We welcome conventional bonding cases looking for improved terms and/or upgraded broker service, or complex and difficult to place cases requiring advanced expertise and a problem solving approach.
Our Bonding Services Include:
- Same Day Bond Issuance
- Web Based Bond Ordering System
- In-house bond approval authority and power-of-attorney privileges with all the major bonding companies allowing for same day bond issuance
- Expert bond program management to ensure the program is perfectly aligned with contractor’s business plan
- Ongoing bond program negotiation to effect most competitive terms at all times
- Creative solutions as they relate to bonding limits, rates, security, financial reporting, large/special projects, rapid growth, joint ventures, P3’s, subtrade bonding, construction claims/disputes, payment assurance, bond claims and succession planning
- Customized bond solutions, including liquidity bonds and collateral replacement bonds
- Ongoing consultative and advisory services on bonding and general business matters