Insurance Account Manager/Account Executive – Commercial Lines
Location: 36 York Mills Road, Toronto
Reporting to: Vice President, Insurance Practice Leader
Petrela, Winter & Associates (“PWA”) is hiring for an experienced Commercial Lines Account Manager or Account Executive
(commensurate with experience) to manage a portfolio of high quality construction insurance business. This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial specialty commercial brokerage and industry leading brand, and to be a part of an elite group of insurance professionals in a mutually supportive, successful, and rewarding team environment.
Specializing exclusively in construction for over 40 years has given PWA a distinctive character and market focus which sets it apart from the generalist broker industry, and, in turn, provides a differentiated career opportunity with meaningful recognition, job satisfaction, and overall success.
- Responsible for managing a renewal book of construction insurance business, including day to day client service, marketing, renewals, and project specific and specialty coverages.
- Ensure responsive and time sensitive service and renewals provided in accordance with PWA best practices and procedures.
- Manage account documentation (i.e., routine inquires, quotes, binders, statement of values, insurance contracts, endorsements, cancellations, etc.)
- Review client’s current coverage and exposures, loss experience and analyze risk to determine the
- Coordinate administrative client support with PWA’s support team.
- Insurance market relations and fostering productive and high-functioning relationships with underwriters.
- New business strategy, marketing, and
presentations/proposals commensurate with role (AM vs. AE) and experience, and in collaboration with Manager and team as required/appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date broker management system (EPIC) workflow documentation and ensures workflows are followed.
- Collaborate with Bond Department Client Managers as required.
- Actively develop an increased knowledge of related insurance products and client needs.
- Participate in or conduct client meetings as necessary.
- Participate in training and professional development courses to enhance skills and industry knowledge.
- Maintain positive working relationships with clients, markets and PWA colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of commercial insurance experience required (Account Manager role).
- Minimum 7-10 years of commercial insurance experience required (Account Executive role).
- R.I.B.O. license required
- C.I.P. or C.A.I.B. designation(s) preferred.
- Client development/relationship management experience.
- Solid understanding of policy wordings/coverages and proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to mentor others.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to be a self starter with strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Outlook, Excel, Word and broker management systems; experience with EPIC is preferred.
PWA has a hybrid work from home/office schedule, and flex time that allows for an earlier or later start time. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org