VP, Client Relations, Insurance Practice
Location: 36 York Mills Road, Toronto (Hybrid/Flex Schedule)
Reporting to: President & CEO
The VP Client Relations will be responsible for working alongside the VP, Insurance Operations, to deliver the strategic plan of the insurance practice. The position will focus on client, prospect and market facing leadership, business development support, mentoring/coaching of frontline brokers, carrier management and relations, and Account Executive managing of a small portfolio of key construction accounts. This individual will be a dynamic, people-oriented insurance leader with strong interpersonal, presentation and relationship building skills who desires the challenge of a client facing leadership role and coaching and mentoring a high-performing frontline brokering team at a specialty, commercial broker with a market leading value proposition and reputation for excellence in construction risk.
- Working in collaboration with the VP Insurance Operations to drive and support an experienced and successful frontline broker team through the implementation of PWA’s processes and operating plan.
- Account Executive oversight of a portfolio of 3-5 key accounts (fully supported by Account Associate team).
- Accompany AM’s and AE’s to client and prospect meetings to provide leadership support.
- Business development support through prospect facing leadership and presenting company’s insurance value proposition to established leads.
- Strategizing and problem solving with team and management on day to day client business issues.
- Promote the company’s brand and marketing objectives at industry functions and events.
- Maintenance and advancement of carrier relations and underwriter relationship management.
- Coaching, mentoring and developing insurance team members to achieve desired career and organizational objectives.
- Developing/executing operating policies and processes consistent with PWA’s strategic vision.
- Collaborating with Executive Management on financial management and budgeting, including departmental budget and hiring plan.
- Collaborating with the VP, Insurance Operations on staff Performance Reviews, career paths and comp plans.
- Exhibiting leadership style that fosters a culture of inclusivity, teamwork, creativity and high-engagement.
- Minimum 10 years commercial insurance experience (underwriting or brokering), preferably in construction segment.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and socializing acumen, and a personable, friendly demeanor.
- Superior problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong leadership instinct and customer centric mindset.
- Positive experience leading a team is an asset, but the desire to lead is more important.
- Superior oral/written communication skills.
- CAIB, CRM, CIP, FCIP or CPIB designation an asset, as is post-secondary education.
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of the organization.
- Some travel required, concentrated in Ontario.
- RIBO license required.
PWA has a hybrid work from home/office schedule, and flex time that allows for an earlier or later start time. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org