Commercial Lines CSR
LOCATION: 12-14 Bruce Park Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4P 2S3
REPORTING TO: Insurance Department Manager
Petrela, Winter & Associates is a 40 year old specialty commercial insurance brokerage specializing exclusively in the construction business, and widely known to be amongst the top brokers in the country in the construction segment. Located in Central Toronto (Bayview and Eglinton) and with affiliate offices in Montreal, the firm handles the bonding and insurance for contractors from $1Million to over $500 Million in sales, from coast to coast, including some of the most highly respected and elite contractors in Canada.
Petrela, Winter & Associates, is hiring a Commercial Lines CSR for our Toronto location. This is a unique opportunity of joining a nimble, entrepreneurial, accomplished and well respected brokerage firm with a defined specialty and strategic advantage. Very little differentiates large Insurers or Jack-of-All-Trades Insurance Brokerage firms these days, so being part of a company with a very distinctive character and market focus allows for meaningful recognition, job satisfaction, and career success.
- Review and accuracy of policy documents prior to the delivery to the client
- Prepare proposals for prospects in collaboration with account executive
- Manage account documentation (i.e., routine inquires, quotes, binders, statement of values, insurance contracts, endorsements, cancellations, pink slips, etc.)
- Report and input claims, and new clients into TAM
- Advanced knowledge of excel to create premium comparison and other spreadsheets
- Creating policy binders to send out to clients
- Prepare renewal requests to the clients 60 days in advance
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years insurance experience and at least 1 year in Commercial Lines.
- Personal Lines Insurance background beneficial
- R.I.B.O license is required
- Live within 45 minute commute of office location (Bayview and Eglinton)
- Good interpersonal skills, presentation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be a self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Advanced skills in Outlook, Excel, Word and TAM
- Good team player
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org